The Town of Fenwick Island, Delaware
There are two Fenwick Islands, incorporated and unincorporated. The Town of Fenwick Island that stretches from Atlantic to Lewes streets on the ocean side, and Delaware to James streets on the bay side was incorporated in 1953. Incorporated Fenwick has its own government that restricts zoning for a uniform appearance. The rest of Fenwick is unincorporated and follows Sussex county rules.
Incorporated Fenwick Island Tips and Tricks
- You can walk or bike to restaurants like Nantuckets, Just Hooked, Our Harvest, or Dairy Queen, or shops like The Country Store. You may not need your car for days.
- The Town of Fenwick Island is committed to maintaining their reputation as a quiet resort where police are visible and vigilant. Therefore, it’s a good idea to follow the rules and obey the speed limit.
- The authorities enforce parking restrictions from May 15 to September 15, and the police station sells daily to seasonal parking passes.
Fenwick Island Beach
- Except for storm beach erosion, there is no need to stake your space on the beach at 7 a.m. Though Fenwick Island is busiest around the Fourth of July, crowds begin to dissipate in July and August as fall sports’ practices begin and students leave for school.
- Lifeguards protect Fenwick Island’s one-mile beach, and they have access to two beach wheelchairs.
- Mobi-mats cover dune walkways allowing easy navigation or use of beach wheelchairs.
Fenwick Island is Family Oriented
- Smoking is prohibited on the beach and in the parks.
- The town caters to families providing playgrounds, shuffleboard, half-court basketball, volleyball, and benches in a garden setting.
Fenwick Island Upcoming Events
- On 7/8/17, on the beach at Dagsboro Street, all are welcome to attend the town bonfire that includes music, games, a silent auction, t-shirts and more.
- At dusk on the Bayard Street beach, the town will feature the following Fenwick Flicks: Moana on July 11, Zootopia on July 25, and Finding Dory on August 8.
For more fun, check out the Fenwick Boardwalk, and enjoy your summer.