Sunshine Blogger Award
I want to thank Adventuring Woman, also known as Cynthia, for nominating me for the Sunshine Blogger Award. The Sunshine Blogger Award is given by a blogger(s) to fellow bloggers in appreciation for their engaging content and positivity.
By commenting and sharing my posts and adding me to Twitter’s #FollowFriday, Cynthia has helped me increase my following and blog stats.
Cynthia loves to travel, and she writes on a variety of subjects that include her adventures and misadventures in travel, life, and love. Check out her blog Adventuring Woman.
She not only writes an enjoyable and informative blog, but she works with writers and small businesses to improve their marketing and communication skills.
One of my favorite posts concerns her tour through NYC that emphasizes food and tourists attractions. She suggests What You Must See And What You Must Eat.
I enjoy the humor in her writing. Check out her Road Trip to Roseau. Not only is it entertaining, but the photos are incredible.
Rules for Accepting the Sunshine Blogger Award
- Thank the blogger(s) who nominated you and link back to their blog
- Answer the 11 questions that the blogger asked you
- Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or on your blog
Questions that Cynthia asked me
1. How would you dress for the Oscars?
I would wear a black gown and my hair in an updo.
2. Who is your favorite character actor?
I love George Kennedy in the classic Cool Hand Luke.
3. What do you find the most difficult about blogging?
I find it challenging to get started, but once I sit down I am fine.
4. What do you find most satisfying?
The best part is hitting publish and watching the response.
5. Name something that you can cook well.
My family loves my lasagna.
6. Tell me, what is one of your guilty pleasures?
I crave dark chocolate.
7. What is your most favorite place in the world?
I love the architecture, historic museums, and sidewalk cafes in Paris.
8. Confess–what is the last thing that you binge-watched?
Binge-watching for me stops at two shows, so probably Billions.
9. What is the best way to connect with other bloggers?
The best way to connect is commenting on blogs and sharing posts through social media. Additionally, collaborating is a big plus.
10. How do you learn about/keep up with the technical aspects of blogging?
I have business WordPress and Yoast, and they are supportive. Also, I ask my kids.
11. List a few blogs that inspire you.
I like California Globetrotter for her information on Germany and half-timbered houses, and Sara from Journey of Doing. I also enjoy posts from Emese Fromm from Wanderer Writes, Anda Galffy from Travel Notes & Beyond, and Neha from Nomadic Dreamz.
My 11 Nominations
Follow Vicky and Phil from England to Mexico, Columbia, Peru, Bolivia and farther. Check out one of my favorite posts: A visit to Bempton Cliff’s Searching for puffins in England. Not only can you enjoy the sweeping views from the cliffs, but they photographed the puffins and razorbills and guillemots.
The Globetrotting Grooms label themselves part-time travelers and full-time dreamers. So far they have visited 17 countries. Check out their Alcatraz penitentiary post. They took an audio tour through the notorious prison. Two famous Alcatraz residents were Al Capone and “Machine Gun” Kelley.
Ericka is from West Virginia but moved to Kentucky. Her goal is to visit the 50 states. Watch her take on Utah when she climbs through mountain tunnels and scales cliffs in My American Southwest Roadtrip-part-2.
Sierra is a 20 something music lover who relocated from California to New York City. Not only can you learn about Cheap Eats in Manhattan and Brooklyn, but she also features guest posts and bloggers. Visiting Passport Voyager is like one-stop shopping.
Marty and Michelle work full-time though they are consistent travelers. Learn How You Can Afford to Travel with their money-saving tips.
Miranda will tell it like it is and it’s often laced with humor. Check out a collaboration post on the Weirdest Food Around the World.
Our Carpe Diem enjoys nature, birding, and travel. Often they surprise their readers with unusual facts. For example, find out what is the #1 Predator of Crocodiles!
Katherine is a transplanted Aussie who resides in San Francisco. She loves to tell stories, and I especially like her ghost stories in her post A San Francisco Ghost Tour.
Laura puts a new spin on blogging and ranks her posts on the adventure. Check out Driving in Australia for what you need to know as a tourist.
Tiffany focuses on luxury travel and looks for the unique qualities in a place. She offers excellent tips for visiting Sintra, Portugal, that I hope to use soon.
Kelly features solo travel, and I love her humor. She teaches her readers how to avoid the mistakes that she made. One of my favorite posts is The Tale of the Stripper, the Pakistani Prince, and the Unsuspecting Tourist.
My Questions for you
- Why did you start a blog?
- What draws most readers to your blog?
- What keeps your readers coming back?
- Which social media works best for you and why?
- What is your favorite country that you have visited and why?
- Do you prefer to have an itinerary or explore at your own pace?
- Where do you think is the safest place to travel?
- What is your must-have item?
- How do you plan your packing list?
- What is your best money-saving tip?
- What is your best tip for flying?